Not in a simple way of "fixing" or "saving" any relationship, but psychotherapy can help effectively in the different processes that you need to go through. The first consideration is to explore if you do want to stay in a relationship, or if breaking up might be better. Then, you cannot take one-sided decisions about a relationship; you need to talk and communicate. And a psychotherapist can support you with that process.Read More
If you have a significant intimate relationship, some questions you may ask yourself are:
- What do I want from this person and this intimate relationship?
- What do I bring to this person and this intimate relationship?
When you think group-wise or system-wise about the people in an intimate relationship you are part of, it can help to reflect especially on the following:
- The role(s) the people play
- The identity or identities the people bring into the intimate relationship
- The selves of the people involved: “who am I in this intimate relationship?”
Simple and short. Just a few ideas. Powerful, in my opinion.